Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day Three... A tale of two stadiums

Today started early. I went to Invesco Field for a volunteer meeting to determine the spot I would have for the show tomorrow. So, this meant I missed the talk of the Illinois delegation today, that would be Speaker Mike Madigan and Governor Rod Blagojevich giving each other a hug. Well, after the long training today I was assigned a position. Some advice to people that have yet to volunteer for political events, get there early and stay quiet. This will insure that you are given a "good job." However, if you don't get a good job, just do it and don't complain. Now, that being said I got an awesome spot for tomorrow. I will be assisting any disabled delegates to the field to find their seats. During the speech, I may be able to stay on the field!! Elated, I left Invesco and went back to the Marriott.

Back at the hotel I ran into my former State Senator Denny Jacobs. Denny had a few extra wristbands for a special event at Coors Field. Yes, this means I have made it in Coors for two events. This one was for select memebers of the Illinois delegation, and was hosted by Speaker Madigan. Mike, Renee, and I were able to go onto the field to take pictures. It was incredible.

I was able to get tickets to a DNCC watch party at the convention hall. Remember, the convention hall is not the Pepsi Center. However, there was about 2,000 people at the watch party. The speakers were great tonight. I only want to comment on John Kerry. All I want to say about Senator Kerry is that I wish he had that power and charisma when he ran four years ago.

Well, I have to report to Invesco by 8:00am tomorrow.... Wish me luck! I should note that more than likely I won't update this until atleast Friday morning. I expect tomorrow will be ridicoulous.

No comments: